Latest COVID-19 update
As you may be viewing in the local media, cases of COVID are increasing significantly across the County.
The Government are expected to announce tougher restrictions for Nottingham and Nottinghamshire next week which could include measures similar to those in place in other parts of the country in which movements are restricted.
We, the County Council and fellow districts are working alongside the City Council in now urging people to take urgent steps to not mix indoors with people from other households.
A full update is on our website here.
Our Leader Cllr Simon Robinson said: “It’s imperative Rushcliffe residents, in line with all those across Nottinghamshire, play their part to stop the spread of the virus by not mixing indoors with people from other households.
“We know the sacrifices many people have made and continue to make that affect their freedom but we must continue to follow all guidelines so we can do what is required to protect us all.
“Please continue to check our website www.rushcliffe.gov.uk for the latest advice to follow.”
Until anything further is announced, please continue to follow this advice and play your part to stop the spread of the virus:
• “Hands, Face, Space” which means:
– Hands – wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds
– Face – wear a face covering where required, unless you are exempt
– Space – Maintain social distance of at least 2 metres from anyone you don’t live with or 1 metre plus additional precautions such as extra ventilation, screens or face coverings
• When eating out at a café, pub or restaurant everyone should provide full and accurate contact details of everyone in your group using the NHS COVID-19 app or leaving details with the business.
• Avoid car sharing but if doing so keep windows open, stick to small groups and wipe down surfaces.
• If you have COVID symptoms, get a test and self-isolate. Symptoms include a fever, a new continuous cough, or loss of your sense of taste or smell. Call 119 to book your free test or book online via the NHS website.
A reminder, face coverings must be worn in the following locations:
• Customers in private hire vehicles and taxis.
• Customers in hospitality venues, except when seated at a table to eat or drink. Staff in hospitality and retail are required to wear them too.
• Staff working on public transport and taxi drivers.
Have you downloaded the NHS COVID-19 App yet?
The NHS COVID-19 App is part of the large-scale coronavirus testing and contact tracing programme, NHS Test and Trace, and we are encouraging everyone to download this and play their part to help stop the spread of the virus.
As you may have seen in the media or from a text message to your phone, the app is available to download from the App Store and Google Play. Please visit https://covid19.nhs.uk for more information.
It will be used, alongside traditional contact tracing, to notify users if they come into contact with someone who later tests positive for coronavirus.
The app will advise you to self-isolate if you have been in close contact with a confirmed case. It will also enable you to check symptoms, book a free test if needed and get your test results.
Please adhere to this advice should you receive it in line with red notifications.
Questions on the app and its notifications? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Media Team
Rushcliffe Borough Council
0115 914 8555